A lot of information is available through our subscription databases. Use your Menlo username and password to log into these resources. Here are some good options:
You can use Google Advanced Search to filter and refine your results.
1. Go to www.google.com
2. At the bottom right, click the Settings link.
3. Enter your search term(s) in the search boxes.
- To narrow your search by region > country name, select the dropdown menu next to region.
- To view more recent results, click “last update” to select a time period.
- To view results from specific site domains (i.e. educational or government sites) enter .edu or .gov next to site or domain.
- To limit results by language, select a language from the dropdown menu.
- To search for words in a specific part of a page (i.e. only in the title), select an option from the dropdown next to terms appearing.
3. Click Advanced Search.